What is a blackout?
Blackouts let you stop online ordering for a specified period of time. Restaurants set blackouts for holidays, half days, or any other unexpected closure.
How to create a blackout
1. Go to your Ordering.app admin page and navigate to the Blackouts section. You'll be able to view all of your blackouts, both currently in place and previously set. Click ADD BLACKOUT in the top right corner to set a new blackout.
2. Enter an explanation into the Customer facing message field. This is what your customers will see when they visit your ordering page during a blackout period.
You can make it as generic or specific as you want.
3. In the Start on the field, select the date for when you want the blackout to begin.
4. In the Start at the field, select the time for when you want the blackout to begin.
NOTE: The time is set in 24hr time, which means that 3:00 p.m. should be set to 15:00:00, and 00:00:00 is the beginning of the day.
5. At the End on the field, select the date for when you want the blackout to end.
6. In the End at field, select the time for when you want the blackout to end.
NOTE: If you'd like the blackout to run through the entire day, we recommend that you use 23:59:59.
7. The final step is to select the location(s) to which you'd like to apply the blackout. You can do this by double-clicking on the desired location. Make sure you see the location move from Available Locations to Chosen Locations.
8. This is what your screen should look like. Make sure you click SAVE.
This is what your customer-facing ordering page should look like: