For clients using POS integrations with Square, Clover, or Toast, you will need to issue refunds from your POS, rather than through The Ordering.app. We have provided links to each of these respective POS knowledge bases for you to reference:
How to issue refunds through The Ordering.app:
1. Go to your Ordering.app admin page and navigate to the Orders section, underneath the Sales category.
2. In the search bar at the top, enter in either the customer's name or the customer's order number.
NOTE: Order numbers get reused periodically, so please check all information before performing a refund.
3. Click on the order number to bring up the full order history. Scroll down until you see the payment and pending refunds. Click on Add Another Refund.
5. Under Reference Payment, select the digitals that equal to the order total and fill in the amount that you would like to have refunded.
NOTE: Tax is not calculated in the refund automatically. If you are only doing a partial refund, you will need to refund the tax. In this example case, the amount will be 2.43.
7. Scroll down and click SAVE, then wait for the page to refresh.
8. You should now be back on the order screen. In the top left-hand corner, you will see a message confirming that the refund worked. If you'd like additional verification that the refund worked, click on the order number again and scroll down until you see the processed refund filled out.